Yearning for adventures that are less 'been there, done that' and more 'whoa, where's that?' Well, buckle up and fasten those adventure boots; we've scoured the globe to bring you our top 3 off-the-beaten-path, pulse-pounding, grin-inducing destinations.
Cocos Island, Costa Rica: It's Hammer(shark) Time!This isn't your run-of-the-mill, flippers-and-snorkel kind of dive. This is the kind of dive where you descend into the deep blue, surrounded by curious hammerhead sharks. (Remember, they're more afraid of you than you are of them... probably). Not to mention, it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, so you can feel cultured while getting your adrenaline fix.
- Scuba Diving with Hammerhead Sharks - This remote island is famous for its large schools of hammerhead sharks. This unique diving experience offers a close encounter with these magnificent creatures.
- Explore the Underwater Caves - Delve into the deep and navigate through the complex network of underwater caves, a paradise for adventurous divers.
Trekking and Bird-Watching - The lush rainforest of Cocos Island is home to a variety of unique bird species. Trek through the greenery, and get a chance to spot these feathered wonders.
Choquequirao, Peru: Trekking through TimeForget the crowds at Machu Picchu. Choquequirao is the true explorer's Inca ruin. It's a trek that'll make your calves burn and your heart race. But when you see those ancient ruins emerging from the misty peaks, you'll remember why you signed up for this wild ride. Plus, the nighttime skies here could give Van Gogh's Starry Night a run for its money.
- Trek to the Ruins - A multi-day trek through the steep Andean landscape to reach the ruins is an adventure in itself. The journey provides stunning views of the surrounding valleys.
- Explore the Archaeological Complex - Step back in time and discover the ancient ruins of the Incan city. The complex includes palaces, plazas, and terraces, each echoing stories of a bygone era.
- Star Gazing - Far from city lights, the skies at Choquequirao are clear, offering spectacular views of the stars. A nighttime activity not to miss!
Selous Game Reserve, Tanzania: Where the Wild Things AreEver woken up to an elephant wandering past your tent? Welcome to Selous Game Reserve, one of the largest faunal reserves in the world. It's the kind of place where you can lose yourself in the spectacle of the African wilderness. And trust us, there's nothing quite like sipping coffee from your Hibear flask as the sun rises over the African savanna.
- Walking Safari - Traverse the African bush on foot with a guide for an immersive and thrilling experience, allowing you to see wildlife up close.
- Boating Safari - The Rufiji River running through the reserve is perfect for a boat safari. It offers unique perspectives of the animals coming to the riverbanks to drink and bathe.
- Fly Camping - An overnight camping experience in the heart of the reserve. Listen to the sounds of the African wilderness under the vast, starlit sky - a once-in-a-lifetime experience.